2D1N Via Ferrata (Walk The Torq)
If this is your first experience of Via Ferrata activity, you may want to consider going for Walk the Torq itinerary. The route is designed for climbers with average fitness, and it would also be suitable for fmailies with children witha minimum age of 10 years old & 1.3 metre in height. The average duration for completion of this activity is approximately 2-3 hours.
For any avid thrill-seekers or adrenaline-junkies, this is definitely the way to go! Walk the Torq doesn't require any special skills, so it's open for anyone who wants to take the experience to even greater heights!
With a proper system of routes, devices and experienced trainer to guide you, Via Ferrata climbing allows anyone to experience the exciting challenges of this activity under the safest of conditions.
DAY 01: KOTA KINABALU-KINABALU PARK-TIMPOHON GATE (PL/D)
- 0600-0700 Meet your guide at you hotel/hostel (or designated meeting point) and depart to Kinabalu Park
- 0900 Arrive at Kinabalu Park. Guide will arrange all necessary registration and assign you a mountain guide (Shared with other guests).
*Porter fee(RM230P/mt guide), luggage keeping fee (RM12/luggage) at Park HQ will be paid by guest's own account
- 1000 Transferred from Park HQ to Timpohon Gate (Starting point/1,892m) Start hiking up to Pendant Hut ( 3,289m). It takes approximately 4-6hours.
- 1500 Arrive at Pendant Hut and settle in
- 1530 Attend the mandatory via ferrata safety briefing in Pendant Hut and meet your Mountain Torq Trainer
- 1600 *Cut-off time for via ferrata safety briefing.
- 1800 Have dinner at Laban Rata Rest house and overnight at Pendant Hut
- 2000 Lights out
Overnight at PENDANT HUT
DAY 02: KINABALU PARK-KOTA KINABALU (B/HT)
- 0130 Wake up for early supper
- 0230 Start the journey toward the summit of Mt. Kinabalu (4095.2m). It takes approximately 3hours.
- 0540 Reach the summit and catch the sunrise *Subject to weather condition
- 0600 Descent from Low’s Peak to meet your Mountain Torq trainer
- 0715 Meet your via ferrata trainer at Sayat Sayat Hut @ 3,668m for your Walk the Torq via ferrata experience (introductory via ferrata, French grade PD)
- 0930 Return to Pendant Hut for a well-earned breakfast
- 1100 Check out of Pendant Hut and trek down to Timpohon Gate
- 1500-1700 Arrive at Timpohon gate and transferred back to Park HQ Arrive at Park HQ to collect certificate and enjoy a buffet lunch at Balsam Restaurant. (Buffet lunch would be converted to packed lunch for clients who arrive late.) Meet with your guide and depart to Kota Kinabalu. It takes approximately 2-3hours. Arrive at your hotel/hostel (or requested drop-off point) in Kota Kinabalu
|1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax|
|1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax|
- Return transfer ( Kota Kinabalu - Kinabalu park), Return transfer ( Park HQ - Timpohon gate), Mt. Guide, Entrance fee, climbing permit, climbing insurance, 1 night stay at Mountain hut, Full board meals (1 breakfast, 2 lunch, 1 dinner, 1 supper ), Certificate, Walk the Torq activity
- Beverage, porter fee, luggage keeping free, travel insurance, airfare, things not stated above
THINGS YOU SHOULD BRING
- Small backpack
- shoes with good grip
- warm clothing like sleeves/ hiking pants
- jacket/wind breaker
- extra clothing
- tissue paper/ toilet roll
- personal toiletries
- refillable water bottle
- high energy food
- small towel
- hand gloves
- winter hat
- head torch
- rain cover for you backpack
THINGS YOU WISH TO BRING
- altitude sickness tablets
- sun block lotion
- insect repellent
- sandals/ slippers
- plastic bag
- Accommodation is based on Non-Heated Dormitory Bunk-bed with sharing bathroom & toilet.
- Pendant Hut would carry out water-rationing without prior notice due to water shortage during draught season.
- All transportation services are on sharing basis.
- Return transfer (Kota Kinabalu - Kinabalu Park ) will be done by guide cum driver.
MOUNTAIN TORQ POLICY (Via Ferrata Operator)
- You must attend Via Ferrata safety briefing in Pendant Hut on the 1st day in order to proceed with Via Ferrata activity on the next day.
- Climbers who fail to comply with the timing will not be able to proceed with the sleected complimentary Ferrata Teaser activity. No refund shall be made.
- Ferrata Teaser activity can be cancelled due to force majeure events beyond Mountain Torq Control
- (Eg. Adverse weather conditions, Terror act, Epidemic ) for the safety of all climbers. NO refund shall be made.
- Please be on time otherwise you may have to find your own transportation.
- Request for early/late pick up can be arranged at a cost (chargeable).
- Please bring along your original documents i.e valid passport/IC for the climb registration.
- Please note that the climber’s details/passport copies are to be forwarded at least 14 Days prior to climb. Penalty fee of RM50/Pax will be imposed by Mt Torq without exception, if the details are submitted after deadline given.