2D1N Night Mt Kinabalu Trek
Climbing Mt Kinabalu can be done in 2 days but a more comfortable climb in 3-days are recommended to acclimatise to the altitude and fully enjoy the rich biological diversity - the exotic rare plants, orchids, birds and many more/
While it does not require skills to do the climb, climbers must at least have a basic fitness level. Park regulations require climbers have to engage the services of a registered mountain guide.
The numbers or guides depend on the number of climbers. Porters services are available and recommended. Book and pay for your porter at the Kinabalu Park.
Departure : Daily
DAY 1 - PARK HQ / TIMP. GATE / ASCEND MOUNT KINABALU / LABAN RATA (P.L/D)
(06:30 hours) Pick-up from your hotel lobby and depart on a 2hrs journey to Kinabalu Park Headquarter. Collect your packed lunch. Proceed to the Park HQ to register for the climb, meet your assigned mountain guide and apply for your ID TAG. Remember to wear your ID TAG at all times. You'll then be transferred to starting point - Timpohon Gate - where your journey and quest to the summit of Borneo's highest mountain begins! The climb will take approximately 4-5 hours. The trek will pass by different vegetation zones from Oak and Chestnut to mossy and eventually to alpine type of vegetation. Arrive and check into one of the assorted Laban Rata huts @3272m ( non-heated dormitory beds ) in the late afternoon. Buffet dinner at Laban Rata restaurant and overnight.
DAY 02 - LOW'S PEAK / DESCEND MOUNT KINABALU / KOTA KINABALU [Supper / B/ L]
(0200 hours) Wake up for early supper and depart for continuation of journey towards the summit of Mount Kinabalu. The hourney up to the Low's Peak @4,095m will test your fitness and determination. Depending on speed of trekking, you might be able to experience the glorious sunrise over the majestic Mt. Kinabalu if weather permits.
(0700 hrs) Descend back to Laban Rata for late breakfast and check out. Trek down to Timpohon Gate for transfer back to the Kinabalu Park Headquarters. Congratulations, you can now collect your Certificate of Achievement! Buffet Lunch will be served at the Balsam restaurant in Kinabalu Park.
(1400 hrs) Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu City. Journey takes approx. 2 hrs.
Price from RM1,685.00 per person (Minimum 2 persons).
* Offer valid till 31 March 2019.
- Meals as stated, 01 Night @ Laban Rata accommodation (Non-Heated Dormitory), Entrance Fee, Return Hotel Transfer (Park HQ- Timpohon Gate - Park HQ), Mountain Guide, Climbing Insurance, Climbing Permit and Certificate
- 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Dorm Bed
- Airfares, Optional Tipping & Porter Fee, Alcoholic Drinks, Any Items Not Mentioned
Things You Wish To Bring:
- Medication such as headache tablets or altitude sickness tablets
- Tissue paper / toilet roll
- Sun block lotion, lip gloss, plasters
- Insect repellent / Mosquito Oil
- Camera with water proof bag
- Sandals/ slippers
- plastic bags
Things You Should Prepare For Mountain Climb:
- Waterproof backpack to store your items
- trekking or running shoe with good grip
- Warm clothing / Long sleeves shirt / Hiking pants
- Jacket / Wind breaker
- Extra clothing and socks
- Small towel
- Hand gloves and winter hat
- Disposabble raincoats
- Head torch
- Personal toiletries
- Refillable water bottle (0.5 - 1 Litre)
- High energy food such as chocolates, nuts, biscuits, sweets, energy bars
- Your extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ at a nominal fee of MYR 10 per piece prior climb.